Dr Tareen is approved by all major health insurance companies in UK and Ireland.
Dr Saleem Tareen MRCPsych
Dr Tareen was a Consultant Psychiatrist to Holywell Hospital, Antrim and Whiteabbey Hospital. He has been practising psychiatry locally and internationally since 1995. He was clinical lead of Carrickfergus Community Mental Health Team. He is registered with the GMC (GMC No: 5204451) and is on the specialist register for General Adult Psychiatry. He is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the Medical Protection Society.
Dr Tareen, as a private psychiatrist, works from Malone Medical Chambers, Belfast, Northern Ireland. He offers private psychiatric consultations, assessments and treatment of a wide range of adult mental health issues. He also provides individualised treatment plans and follow ups.
Initial assessment lasts 50 minutes. Assessments for ADHD last longer. Subsequent appointments are 20 – 30 minutes. He also provides a second opinion for other mental health practitioners and medico legal report writing.
During the initial psychiatry assessment a full history will be taken. It will include details of symptoms, how they developed and personal and family background information. The assessment will be followed by a comprehensive treatment plan which may include supportive counseling, specific therapeutic intervention and/or medication.
Dr Tareen is EMDR Europe accredited EMDR trainer. He uses Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma treatments. He also provides enabling short term therapies. He successfully ran an international project on trauma treatment as a capacity building initiative for developing countries.
Dr Tareen Consultant Psychiatrist has extensive experience working with a wide range of mental health problems.
- We will treat you the way we would like our families and loved ones to be treated.
- We will work in collaboration with each individual to show him / her the way to recovery and guide them through the journey towards a satisfying and meaningful life.
- We will involve you in all decisions related to your mental health and wellbeing.
- You will receive an evidence based first class mental health service.
- We will provide you with a management plan that is holistic and at the same time designed specifically to address your unique needs.
- Confidentiality is always at the heart of our practice.
- We are committed to pillars of clinical governance including continuous professional development, and reflective practice.
- We provide services in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
For your consultation you can expect the following:
- Same consultant at each visit
- Adequate time with consultant
- Reliable professional advice
- Rapid assessment
- Choice of time
- Short waiting time
- Convenient location
Joanne is a qualified Occupational Therapist and is registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council. She specialises in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and is employed as an Autism Practitioner for the NHSCT Adult ASD Service. She is ADOS trained and forms part of the multi-disciplinary ASD diagnostic team. She has experience providing expert witness reports for individuals with ASD.Joanne delivers ASD intervention packages to include post diagnostic information/support, social skills training, emotional recognition and regulation, sensory diets and positive behaviour programmes. She provides bespoke training for professionals and carers working with individuals with ASD.
Dr Saira Tareen
Dr Saira Tareen has extensive experience of working in different sub specialities of Psychiatry including CAMHS. She is member of RCPsych and is registered with GMC (GMC No 6033179). She has keen interest in neurodevelopmental psychiatry and has worked in NHS, ADHD and ASD clinics. She is ADOS trained.
She has managerial responsibility of non-pharmacological treatment of ADHD, QB Check administration, psychogenetic testing and Autism assessments.