Dr Tareen is approved by all major health insurance companies in UK and Ireland.
Dr Saleem Tareen MRCPsych
Dr Tareen is a Consultant Psychiatrist to Holywell Hospital, Antrim and Whiteabbey Hospital. He has been practising psychiatry locally and internationally since 1995. He is clinical lead of Carrickfergus Community Mental Health Team. He is registered with the GMC (GMC No: 5204451) and is on the specialist register for General Adult Psychiatry. He is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the Medical Protection Society.
Dr Tareen, as a private psychiatrist, works from Malone Medical Chambers, Belfast, Northern Ireland. He offers private psychiatric consultations, assessments and treatment of a wide range of adult mental health issues. He also provides individualised treatment plans and follow ups.
Initial assessment lasts 50 minutes. Assessments for ADHD last longer. Subsequent appointments are 20 – 30 minutes. He also provides a second opinion for other mental health practitioners and medico legal report writing.
During the initial psychiatry assessment a full history will be taken. It will include details of symptoms, how they developed and personal and family background information. The assessment will be followed by a comprehensive treatment plan which may include supportive counseling, specific therapeutic intervention and/or medication.
Dr Tareen offers OnLine Video sessions for assessments and psychological treatment to patients living in areas outside of Belfast. We believe video based tele psychiatry helps meet patient’s needs for convenient and readily-accessible services. Review sessions for other conditions can also be arranged after prior discussion between Dr Tareen and patient.
He uses Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma treatments. He also provides enabling short term therapies. He successfully ran an international project on trauma treatment as a capacity building initiative for developing countries.
Dr Tareen Consultant Psychiatrist has extensive experience working with a wide range of mental health problems.
- We will treat you the way we would like our families and loved ones to be treated.
- We will work in collaboration with each individual to show him / her the way to recovery and guide them through the journey towards a satisfying and meaningful life.
- We will involve you in all decisions related to your mental health and wellbeing.
- You will receive an evidence based first class mental health service.
- We will provide you with a management plan that is holistic and at the same time designed specifically to address your unique needs.
- Confidentiality is always at the heart of our practice.
- We are committed to pillars of clinical governance including continuous professional development, and reflective practice.
- We provide services in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
For your consultation you can expect the following:
- Same consultant at each visit
- Adequate time with consultant
- Reliable professional advice
- Rapid assessment
- Choice of time
- Short waiting time
- Convenient location